CentOS 7 64 BIT [ OVA ]
- VMware Enabled 64 BIT Server.Docker Installed.Download VMPlayer.
- User 'root' password is 'pratham'.User 'hadams' password is 'hadams'.
- Setting up Instance Indentity i.e hostname,ipaddress, SSH Keys (.pem & .ppk for putty) & Oracle Java can be seen Here.
- Will be used for HADAMS - Hadoop Automated Deployment And Management Stack.
- Docker Edition Soon.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B [ Screenshots | Package List | Img.xz ]
- Well...LOTR would be incomplete without Frodo...right...So we have taken this leap as well.
- Default user is 'root' & password is 'pratham'.
- Eltechs ExaGear Desktop can be integrated to accomodate x86 apps.
- Steps To Install
- Install xz-utils package i.e. sudo apt-get install xz-utils
- Mount SD Card, say it is, sdb or sdc etc...
- Empty the mounted SD Card by "zero-ing out" i.e. sudo dd bs=4M if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb oflag=sync
- Write Image to the SD Card i.e. sudo dd bs=4M if=/path/to/image of=/dev/sdb oflag=sync
- After login run sudo raspi-config and select expand_rootfs to resize root partition to fill the SD Card.
CentOS 7 64 BIT XFCE [ Screenshots | ISO | Torrent | CheckSum | Package List | Installation Guide ]
- This would be a first for any distro...RPM & DEB...both spectrums brought together under a single roof...The idea is to provide the development community with the desktop implementation of the server so that they have seamless migration from dev to prod movements.
- Currently Installation would work only out of VirtualBox.
Debian SID 64 BIT XFCE [ Screenshots | ISO | Torrent | CheckSum | Package List | Installation Guide ( System / VirtualBox ) ]
- The Primary Candidate for this release.Close to 3800 packages...covering almost all aspects of general purpose applications.
- Both UEFI & Legacy Boot are supported...Can be installed along with Windows 10.
- setupapt - A new feature which automatically chooses the nearest mirror for apt-get, thereby increasing speed of application installation.Usage is extremely simple...Instead of "apt-get update" command use "setupapt"...thats it...It will automatically search debian mirrors and choose the fastest.Then run apt-get install to proceed as usual...Also apt-get itself has been modified to facilitate parallel processing.
- Application Menu has been customized for ease of use.Mapping can be downloaded from Here.
Debian SID 32 BIT XFCE [ Screenshots | ISO | Torrent | CheckSum | Package List | Installation Guide ]
- This would be the last release for 32 BIT as is the current trend of moving more towards 64.Promptly then,this has been based on SID rather then last edition Sarvatra 32 which was jessie based.This will ensure that the Installation remains relevant to the software stack for at least next 24 months...
- Only Legacy BIOS is supported.
- Three kernels are available 3.16.0-4-686-pae, 4.5.0-2-686 & 4.5.0-2-686-pae.The reason being Hibernation doesnt work on 4.5 pae..this is not just PrathamOS but everywhere...to test install pm-utils package and try out pm-hibernate...It works on 4.5 but then you miss out on handling a larger memory...3.16 pae works for hibernate...So multiple choices help you to boot according to usage.